Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I'm All Shook Up...

We had an Earthquake!

Today, for the first time I can remember, I experienced an earthquake.  I was sitting at my desk at work talking to my boss (who was heading off to golf with his Dad and nephew) on the phone.  His Mom was standing in front of my desk looking at some papers.  Suddenly I feel my desk start to move and the floor under my feet shaking.  Now, it's important to note that our office is located in front of railroad tracks. I'm used to the earth shaking on a daily basis, but this was different. I hung up the cell phone and looked at Jean (lady boss) and asked her if she felt that.  She had no idea what I was talking about.  I asked her if a train had just gone by (we usually hear them), but she said "No."  I told her that it must have been an earthquake.  She actually laughed and asked me what I was drinking. I let it go and picked up my iPod to check on what was going on in facebook-land.  There it was and I laughed out loud.  When I told my boss, she laughed too.  Of course no one could call out on their cell phones (overloaded circuits), but my boss asked me to call someone anyway since I have Sprint and they have Verizon.  My call went thru and I'm pretty sure my friend thought I was a total idiot.  Needless to say, not much else got done today.

No comments:

Post a Comment